Entrepreneurial and Digital Skills Should be a Fundamental Right of Every Youth
If the estimated population of unemployed youths in Nigeria were to be a country, it would be the 8th most populated nation in Africa. 65% of Nigeria’s over 200 million population falls between ages 18 to 40. With the youth unemployment rate at 38%, Nigeria has a whopping 49.4 million unemployed young people.
Governments, organizations, and individuals at all levels must scale up actions with a strategic and sustainable framework to address youth unemployment – one with an overreaching aim to drive a mindset of abundance and self-determination, unleash creativity and innovation, and trigger purposeful entrepreneurial action among youths.
Youth unemployment should no longer be treated as a subject for political gains, but as a pandemic, ravaging the very fabric of our corporate existence.
This could be as simple as redesigning the school curriculum with the integration of Project-Based Learning and ensuring Entrepreneurship Development and Digital Skills are compulsory modules.
What is Future of Jobs?
Future of Jobs (Africa) initiative of Eureka Labs which seeks to help students (with special focus on students in public secondary schools) acquire, up-skill and upscale knowledge in entrepreneurship, digital skills and emerging technologies, via knowledge transfer and mentorship. Other target beneficiaries also include startups, entrepreneurs, and working professionals.
Our major aim is to make entrepreneurship and digital skills mandatory subjects in the curriculum for senior secondary school, drive local content by equipping beneficiaries with market-ready skills and positioning same to actively participate in today’s economy and that of the future.
- Trigger a paradigm shift in the minds of students to drive innovation, creativity and spur entrepreneurial actions.
- Equip young people with special focus on students, with market-ready skills and position them to become active participants in the economy after graduation.
- Drive Technical Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and the establishment of Enterprise Hubs in public secondary schools.
- Get every major stakeholder to step up action, leveraging opportunities in entrepreneurship, digital skills, and emerging technologies to drive local content and tackle youth unemployment.
Position young people for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR), develop a pool of young dynamic talents and drive the creation of local content in solving Africa’s numerous challenges.
To become the number one platform that provides local solutions to solve problems in African communities.
To achieve its overreaching objectives to get all stakeholders involved, the Future of Jobs project will be driven by three (3) major activities and events:
- Push Digital (Campaign / Advocacy) – Create awareness of the pervasiveness of change confronting us all by building narratives and initiating conversations via social media, physical meetups, and live webinars.
- Co-Labs (Clustering) – facilitates knowledge transfer between seasoned professionals and beneficiaries through training and mentorship, deploying global certified learning content developed by Eureka Labs and its partners.
- Gigabytes (Talent Pool) – Create a talent pool of young dynamic professionals in with hands-on project experience in business and technology.
Productivity & Social Re-orientation
The module comprises lessons from UNIDO – HP Life platform for Entrepreneurship Development, and also lessons by Eureka Labs and Life-Class YOUniversity,
- Growth Mindset & Goal Setting
- Etiquette & Effective Communication
- Strategic Planning
- Networking / Collaboration
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
- Effective Leadership
The lessons in this module are powered by the UNIDO-HP Life Entrepreneurship Development Training platform.
- Success Mindset
- Starting a Small Business
- Growth Engine for Your Business
- Basics of Finance
- Sales Forecast
- Fundamentals of Sales
- Marketing Fundamentals
Technology has disrupted everything, new job roles are been created just as some traditional job roles are fizzling out. This module is designed for people interested in developing a career in any of the fields in emerging technologies.and its powered by IBM.
- Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Data Science
- Quantum Computing
Future of Jobs Africa is in collaboration with UNIDO, IBM, CyberAlliance USA, and LifeClass Youversity. If you are interested in partnership or collaboration contact via:
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone / WhatsApp: +234 803 950 8487